Friday, March 5, 2010

Day 25/3-5-2010/Love Ducks

On our way back to UNO after lunch Michael and I stopped by the bayou so that I could take pictures of the ducks (besides it was just so beautiful and I wasn't ready to be stuck inside an office again quite yet). So there I was, army belly crawling trying to get close to them. Geoff said I should have brought bread crumbs- I wish he would have told me that before I got covered with dead grass. (Next time Geoff I'm most certainly taking your excellent advice)









I actually took these last two yesterday afternoon but I wanted to include them with all of my other duck pictures.



And here are some pictures from the WWII Museum. First, a USO piano that has been signed with hundreds of servicemen. I think this may be my most favorite artifact in the entire museum.





Next, red dancing shoes worn by a local New Orleans woman when she performed for the servicemen.

And next- how fun!- a pinball machine. (Maybe my second favorite artifact)



And lastly, there was a retirement ceremony for an admiral and I took a few photos of the festivities. Bonus- my friend's husband was playing in the Navy band during the ceremony so I got to hear him perform.



No comments:

Post a Comment